Yoga Poses to Help You Fall Asleep
Sleep swiftly with Salamba Sarvangasana
By dailyhap - 01:47AM - 01/24/2012
Say you almost always fall asleep easily at night ... it somehow makes the nights you can't fall asleep that much more difficult! If you're agitated, anxious, or just wired, try a few bedtime yoga poses to Om you right into Dreamland. Leslie Peters at Yoga Journal has made a list of some of the best sleep-inducing yoga poses.
- Salamba Sirsasana (Supported Headstand)
- Halasana (Plow Pose)
- Viparita Karani (Legs-up-the-Wall Pose)
- Uttanasana (Standing Forward Bend)
- Prasarita Padottanasana (Wide-Legged Standing Forward Bend)
- Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward-Facing Dog Pose)
- Janu Sirsasana (Head-to-Knee Pose)
- Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend)
After a few minutes, you should be ready to hit they hay with a newfound calm. If you don't, try ...
Supported Supine Poses
- Supta Baddha Konasana (Reclining Bound Angle Pose)
- Supta Virasana (Reclining Hero Pose)
- Setu Bandha Sarvangasana (Bridge Pose)
Not sure what any of these poses are? Get thee to a beginnger yoga class (or youtube, really ...) to learn the basics!
|Past 30 Days|
|No Body haps in the past 30 days|
|Jordan Myska Allen||13 haps|
|Sad Jimmy :(||8 haps|
|No Body haps submitted yet|